Friday, August 3, 2012

My resources from #CUEfliptour - California Flipped Learning Tour!

Had an amazing time the last two days being a presenter at the CUE Flipped Learning Tour, in conjuction with the Flipped Learning Network (flippedlearning.org).  We presented in San Jose on Thursday and in Orange County on Friday.  See some tweets from the two days at #cuefliptour.

It is amazing to be surrounded by such passionate, "rock star" educators who share my philosophy/mindset of education and are so willing to learn, grow, and share.
Me, Will Kimbley, Jon Bergmann, Lisa Highfill, and Danny Silva at OCDE for #cuefliptour day 2.

I presented two break-out sessions each day, one on technology and the other on how I actually flip in my classroom.  You can see the presentations below.  We also did an "edcamp" style session where I presented on Camtasia for Thursday and iPad whiteboarding apps for Friday.

"Tech in the Flipped Classroom"
I learned about several other tech tools throughout the last two days, so at some point (before I present this again), I will update it.

Noteworthy new additions would be:
1. Annotation tools - Wacom Bamboo tablet, Jarnal, OmniDazzle
2. iPad whiteboarding apps - Doceri (free on the iPad)
3. Cool Tools - Apple TV to project iPad onto screen (needs wifi)


Links for tech:

See sample videos here:
Math Analysis (Pre-Cal) - kirchmathanalysis.blogspot.com
Algebra 1 - kirchalgebra1.blogspot.com
YouTube Channel - youtube.com/crystalkirch
Tech Websites, Tutorials, and Info
Techsmith products (Camtasia, Snagit, Jing)
Screencast-o-matic
Screenr  (Demo/Tutorial)
Sophia.org 
IPad apps: Educreations, ShowMe, ScreenChomp (tutorial), ExplainEverything
Many more tech tools and tutorials on Ramsey Musallam's site, Cycles of Learning.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take a look inside my flipped classroom - what my flipped classroom philosophy is based on (Focus) and how I have gone about incorporating the philosophy into what I do (Basics).



Direct links to embedded videos and documents from presentation

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...